We have several pillows, bolsters, and wedges to make your experience as comfortable as possible. We can help if a patient cannot lay on their stomach or directly on their back, and still have massage therapy be beneficial! You may be given recommendations or stretches to do after your appointment to make a lasting improvement by the therapist. Enjoy your time with the music of your choice or a relaxing mix playing in the background. Expect your appointment to be interactive and productive.
The Benefits Of Massage
- Alleviates low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assists with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and may shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercises and stretches weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Helps athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Lessens depression and anxiety.
- Pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Relaxes and softens injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Releases endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieves migraine pain.
Massage Therapy vs Bodywork
What is the difference?
Prenatal Bodywork is a preventative style modality that works with mom using different techniques to help with potential problems that may arise during pregnancy. Brianna’s style of bodywork also focuses on making space for baby while in utero to comfortably get into proper birthing position. It works by utilizing our clinic room but also sending mom home with homework, daily techniques and exercises to do at home to help with the current problem.
Although massage is incorporated, it’s not the only modality used. We use techniques from Spinning Babies, we utilize the effectiveness of Kinesiology tape, and we work with a resistance stretching called PNF. Clients remain dressed during session, depending on comfort level and how far into her pregnancy she is we have all the proper bolsters, pillows, and wedges, to keep them as comfortable as possible. We always save time within the session to work on muscles and ligaments surrounding baby to make sure the clients body is not pushing baby into a poor position.
Massage therapy is manual manipulation of soft body tissues to enhance a person’s health and well-being. People seek massage therapy to reduce stress and anxiety, relax muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain and promote good health. Clinical massage, also called deep tissue, medical, therapeutic or rehabilitative massage, is practiced in clinics, hospitals and chiropractic offices.
30 minutes – $45
45 minutes – $60
60 minutes – $75
90 minutes – $110
3-60 Minute Sessions – $204 ($68/visit)
Punch Cards – Buy 5 regular priced sessions of the same length, get the 6th of the same length free
30 minutes – $50
45 minutes – $65
60 minutes – $80
90 minutes – $115
3-60 Minute Sessions – $210 ($70/visit)
Can be incorporated to a massage for no additional charge, but extra time is not given. Craniosacral therapy can be performed in addition to, or without chiropractic care or massage therapy. The appointment would last 30-45 minutes and be $45.